The Purchasing Department is committed to supporting the public service mission of the Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa through fulfillment of its departmental mission and values.Our Mission
- Develop and maintain a purchasing system that empowers our customers to make good business decisions and to pursue excellence while maintaining good internal controls to insure public accountability, compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and the responsible stewardship of the agency’s resources.
- This will be achieved by developing and utilizing financial systems that allow efficient transaction processing and accountability through documentation, approvals and reporting.
- High quality training programs and easily accessible purchasing information.
- Actively promote competition and open access to the vendor community county-wide or State wide.
- Promote competitive and strategic supplier relationships that leverage the agency’s purchasing power.
- We will pursue excellence in all that we do.
- We will be accountable as individuals and as a department for the services we provide and will strive to meet the needs of our internal and external customers at all times.
- We will listen to and respect the needs of our internal and external customers. We will seek their input and work to develop strong mutually beneficial partnerships.
- We will strive to be flexible in order to meet the needs of our customers within the parameters established by our policies and procedures.
- We will constantly monitor changes in technology and best business practices and work to integrate those we feel will benefit our customers into our policies, procedures and systems.
- We will promote competition. We will promote vendor access. We will document all that we do. We will operate in a transparent manner to the greatest extent allowed by law.
- We will recognize and respect that vendors are in business to seek profits. We will accept our responsibility to seek savings as aggressively as vendors seek profits. We will work to achieve fair and mutually beneficial outcomes in all transactions and strategic business relationships.
- We will constantly work to improve our department and ourselves as individual procurement professionals by seeking out training and collaboration opportunities.
CURRENT BID :
Attention all contractors and vendors.
In order for your company to do business with the Housing Authority, you must register at the following free website. Once your company is registered you will automatically be notified of all solicitations which meet your company’s profile. Sign up is free. Register now, at:
The Housing Authority of the County of Contra Costa, Attn: Purchasing Agent
P.O. BOX 2759 or 3133 Estudillo Street
Martinez, CA 94553
Telephone: (925)957-8058, (925) 957-8059, (925)957-8043