- FSS offers support to make the transition to self-sufficiency possible
- FSS participants are given a realistic timeline (5 years) in which to become self-sufficient.
- FSS addresses barriers to achievement.
- FSS participants receive education, employment, financial, and life management skills.
Hard Work Rewarded
FSS participants have a unique opportunity to build a savings account. As a result of increased, earned income; a participant's share of the rent increases. When this takes place, the Housing Authority's portion of rent decreases. A portion of this decrease is placed in an interest bearing escrow account. When the client graduates from the FSS program, the escrow account funds they have earned are made available to them. Many choose to use this escrow account for a down payment on a home.
- Child Care Referrals
- Job Seeking and Job Retention Skills
- Money Management
- Life Management Skills
- Home Buyer Education
- Transportation Resources
- Education Career Counseling Communication Skills
- Parenting Skills
For further information about this program and or to sign up for orientation, please ...